A Message to our Clients, Customers, Realtors, Lenders and Friends,
I am certain that you have all received many notices and messages regarding the COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus) pandemic. At Village Settlements, Inc. we take the health and safety of our clients, customers, staff and visitors very seriously. At this time, we are still open for business and we are able to operate somewhat normally. We are following Federal and State guidelines, which we all know are changing by the hour. We are taking the following steps:
- We are asking that only the parties who are signing documents attend settlement. This is consistent with the guidelines to minimize contacts. To the extent that other parties want to attend the settlement, we have already had Realtors and loan officers join us via Face Time or other similar apps. We are sending checks and signed Closing Disclosures to Realtors via Federal Express, free of charge. We understand the importance of attending settlement and we are not going to require anyone to leave, but to the extent that we can limit the number of people in the room, the better it will be for everyone.
- We are asking all visitors to wash their hands (with the sanitizer that we provide) as soon as they arrive.
- We are moving settlement participants immediately to their designated conference room.
- We are asking the parties to physically distance themselves from each other.
- We are asking all parties to take the pen that they used during settlement and we are putting fresh pens out for each settlement.
- After settlement, we are wiping down the room with sanitizer, to the extent reasonably possible.
- Unfortunately, we have removed our renowned snack and candy wall, as we do not feel it is safe for visitors to be reaching into the various candy and snack bowls.
- We are frequently sanitizing door handles, elevator panels, handrails, etc.
- Our staff is working together to keep business running as normal as possible. We may not always be fully staffed, for any number of reasons, and we ask for your understanding in these trying times.
- We are trying our best to accommodate the various needs of our clients and customers and we will try to honor any requests or accommodations to the best of our ability.
We are all in this together. We are doing our best to help our clients, customers, Realtors and loan officer friends maintain some semblance of normalcy. But these are not normal times. Please understand that we, too, are just as concerned about the health and safety of everyone in our community and we will follow the recommendations and guidelines of those who are much smarter than we are. Whoever you are, wherever you are from, whatever you believe, we have always welcomed you at Village Settlements and we will not compromise on those beliefs. As we work our way through these trying times, we ask you to look out for your family and friends, your associates and your neighbors, those who need help, whether because of their age, financial status or health. The only way that we can get through this is to help each other, especially those who may not be able to help themselves.
David Parker, Esq.
Village Settlements, Inc.
Law Offices of Parker, Simon, Hahn and DeLisi, LLC